Meet Our Principal
Nick Chancellor is the third generation of Chancellor at the helm. Nick has over 27 years continuous experience in private practice including 6 years grounding in a mid-tier Brisbane firm and as Tax Manager for a small Sunshine Coast firm. Nick joined the family practice in 1991.
To complement his diverse experience Nick has the following accreditations:
- Queensland University of Technology - B Bus Accountancy – Degree 1985
- Institute of Chartered Accountants – Chartered Accountant Designation since 1990
- Institute of Chartered Accountants – Practicing Certificate since 1993
- Taxation Institute of Australia – Fellow since 2007
- Taxation Institute of Australia – Chartered Tax Advisor 2012
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries – Grad. Dip. In Applied Corporate Governance 2007
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries – Member since 2007
- Taxpayers Association – Member since 2000
- Institute of Chartered Accountants - SMSF Specialist since October 2012
Characteristic of Nick’s practice style is his steadfast adherence to the traditional professional values of honesty, reliability and independence passed on to him, together with an unrelenting dedication to achieving value and efficiency for clients through process and technology. His commentary on issues relevant to our clients is unconventional in that it provides insight and not just information, albeit with some cynicism thrown in.
Nick and his wife Michiko have four young children. Nick also enjoys a busy life away from his professional commitments, pursuing his interests of rugby, junior rugby coaching, as a professional musician, sailing, snow skiing, swimming, tennis, surfing and supporting the interests of their active children.